Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Acting head named to Small Business Administration
Tuesday - 8/20/2013, 4:08pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- An official in the Small Business Administration has been named acting head of the agency.
Jeanne Hulit, the SBA's associate administrator in its Office of Capital Access, will take over from current SBA Administrator Karen Mills when Mills leaves her post later this month. A search for a permanent successor for Mills is continuing.
Mills announced Hulit's appointment in a memo to the SBA staff that was released by the Washington-based agency's spokeswoman, Emily Cain.
Hulit's office oversees the SBA's loan programs for small business. She has also served as a regional SBA administrator.
Mills, who announced in February that she planned to resign, said last month she would leave at the end of August. It's not known when a permanent successor will be named.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.