Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The new face of terrorism
Friday - 5/31/2013, 8:07pm EDT
Harmon is an expert on terrorism and counterterrorism and he will discuss the recent attacks in Boston and London, and whether they represent a change in strategy for terrorists around the world.
He will talk about the rise in so-called "individualized terrorism", in which attacks are planned and carried out by one person or very small terror cells.
In some cases, these terrorists are working on their own and are not affiliated with any terrorist organizations.
Harmon will explain how these terrorists are being recruited, what motivates them, the tactics they are using, what can be done to stop the attacks from occurring.