Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
'Mentoring is an interpersonal process,' expert says
Thursday - 4/19/2012, 10:50am EDT
"Mentoring is fundamentally an interpersonal process," said Cary Kemp Larson, an organizational psychologist who helped develop a new mentoring program at the National Science Foundation.
She told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp Thursday that mentoring is a pathway to development that is heavily influenced by individual characteristics, as well as group and organizational dynamics.
"Mentor/mentee fit is incredibly important," Kemp Larson said.