Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
After defending federal cuts, lawmaker responds to angry email comments
Tuesday - 3/6/2012, 7:06pm EST
First, a Foreign Service officer named Jason Ullner wrote an op-ed piece for The Washington Post titled "I work for Uncle Sam, and I'm proud of it" in which he declared he was fed up with lawmakers denigrating federal service.
For a blog post on Government Executive, Tom Shoop, GovExec editor-in-chief, and another staff writer, solicited a response from Ross, who has proposed changes to federal employees' retirement structure.
That article garnered several angry comments, including one that declared Ross must be either an idiot or a zealot.
Ross, himself, took to the comments section responding to several comments point-by-point.
Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the comment fracas.