Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
After defending federal cuts, lawmaker responds to angry email comments
Tuesday - 3/6/2012, 7:06pm EST
First, a Foreign Service officer named Jason Ullner wrote an op-ed piece for The Washington Post titled "I work for Uncle Sam, and I'm proud of it" in which he declared he was fed up with lawmakers denigrating federal service.
For a blog post on Government Executive, Tom Shoop, GovExec editor-in-chief, and another staff writer, solicited a response from Ross, who has proposed changes to federal employees' retirement structure.
That article garnered several angry comments, including one that declared Ross must be either an idiot or a zealot.
Ross, himself, took to the comments section responding to several comments point-by-point.
Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the comment fracas.