Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
After defending federal cuts, lawmaker responds to angry email comments
Tuesday - 3/6/2012, 7:06pm EST
First, a Foreign Service officer named Jason Ullner wrote an op-ed piece for The Washington Post titled "I work for Uncle Sam, and I'm proud of it" in which he declared he was fed up with lawmakers denigrating federal service.
For a blog post on Government Executive, Tom Shoop, GovExec editor-in-chief, and another staff writer, solicited a response from Ross, who has proposed changes to federal employees' retirement structure.
That article garnered several angry comments, including one that declared Ross must be either an idiot or a zealot.
Ross, himself, took to the comments section responding to several comments point-by-point.
Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the comment fracas.