Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Free food for D.C. feds this Thursday
Wednesday - 12/7/2011, 9:28am EST
Federal News Radio
This Thursday, federal employees can dig into some pulled pork BBQ sandwiches or mac and cheese — for free.
Social networking site GovLoop will have 500 free food truck lunches from BBQ Bus or Cap Mac for public servants from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the L'Enfant and Federal Triangle metro stops.
"Ninety-nine percent of government workers never hear 'thank you' and GovLoop is staging a public protest that could very well rival Occupy DC," said GovLoop founder Steve Ressler in an email.
You must show a government ID, business card or something to prove your public service credentials.
The exact locations of the food trucks will not be known until the day of the event. When arriving at the metro stops, the exact locations will be tweeted out from
You can also call (202) 709-7472 on the day of the event for exact locations.
The "faux protest" is also celebrating the organization reaching 50,000 members.