Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
It's Dec. 23 ... Why are you working?
Monday - 12/23/2013, 2:00am EST
Self-disclosure: I celebrate Christmas, have not been designated as invaluable (clearly a management oversight), am losing some annual leave due to poor planning. I am also finishing up a project, again, due to poor planning. But I'm off the rest of the week so look out TV remote, because you are going to get a workout. I don't plan to waste this holiday season!
The good news is that rush hour traffic, at least in parts of the D.C. area, is usually light in the week before Christmas. So if you had to (or chose to) come into work today, wave to your fellow commuters.
Whether you are working or resting, happy holidays. Stay safe. Have as much fun as legally possible. See you in the New Year.
NEARLY USELESS FACTOID
Compiled by Jack Moore
In the latest Disney fantasy blockbuster Frozen, the princess' eyes are bigger than her wrists.That's according to a sociologist at the University of Maryland who studies the extent to which Disney films magnify gender differences. In the typical Disney animated movie, men's wrists are about three or four times larger than women's wrists.
MORE FROM FEDERAL NEWS RADIO
OPM staffs up, reshuffles senior leadership
Office of Personnel Management Director Katherine Archuleta is bringing on board two fellow Obama campaign staffers to serve as top advisers.
Senate confirms turnaround specialist Koskinen to head IRS
The Senate has voted to confirm President Barack Obama's choice to head the Internal Revenue Service. John Koskinen is a retired corporate and government official who has run numerous organizations in crisis. He'll serve a five-year term as IRS commissioner. The vote was 59-36.