Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
It's Dec. 23 ... Why are you working?
Monday - 12/23/2013, 2:00am EST
If you are working today — two days away from Christmas — you are either:
Self-disclosure: I celebrate Christmas, have not been designated as invaluable (clearly a management oversight), am losing some annual leave due to poor planning. I am also finishing up a project, again, due to poor planning. But I'm off the rest of the week so look out TV remote, because you are going to get a workout. I don't plan to waste this holiday season!
The good news is that rush hour traffic, at least in parts of the D.C. area, is usually light in the week before Christmas. So if you had to (or chose to) come into work today, wave to your fellow commuters.
Whether you are working or resting, happy holidays. Stay safe. Have as much fun as legally possible. See you in the New Year.
NEARLY USELESS FACTOID
Compiled by Jack Moore
In the latest Disney fantasy blockbuster Frozen, the princess' eyes are bigger than her wrists.That's according to a sociologist at the University of Maryland who studies the extent to which Disney films magnify gender differences. In the typical Disney animated movie, men's wrists are about three or four times larger than women's wrists.
MORE FROM FEDERAL NEWS RADIO
OPM staffs up, reshuffles senior leadership
Office of Personnel Management Director Katherine Archuleta is bringing on board two fellow Obama campaign staffers to serve as top advisers.
Senate confirms turnaround specialist Koskinen to head IRS
The Senate has voted to confirm President Barack Obama's choice to head the Internal Revenue Service. John Koskinen is a retired corporate and government official who has run numerous organizations in crisis. He'll serve a five-year term as IRS commissioner. The vote was 59-36.