Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Enjoying your day off?
Thursday - 7/4/2013, 2:00am EDT
And, if today finds you at work, that's good too. Maybe not for you, but certainly for us. Because what you are doing and where you are doing it is probably good for our health, safety and security. Even if we can't see you.
Most media outlets find that readers, listeners and viewers drop off on holidays, which makes sense. So we are saving the good stuff for tomorrow, July 5, when lots of us will be back to work. Enjoy today and check it out tomorrow.
Happy holiday. Check this space tomorrow.
NEARLY USELESS FACTOID
By Jack Moore
Ever wonder why pound is abbreviated "lb?" It's actually an abbreviation of the Latin word libra a reference to the expression libra pondo, which means "pound weight."
(Source: World Wide Words)
MORE FROM FEDERAL NEWS RADIO
GSA produced movie parody videos, skits
A conservative watchdog group released a half dozen movie parody videos and comedy skits Tuesday by the General Services Administration that were removed from the agency's website after an inspector general report last year revealed lavish agency spending on a Las Vegas conference.
Agencies fall short of small business contracting goals for 7th straight year
The Small Business Administration reported Tuesday that agencies just missed the governmentwide mark in fiscal 2012, awarding 22.25 percent of all prime contracts to small firms. The total percentage of contracts going to small companies increased when compared to the 2011 aggregate, but the total dollars dropped by almost $2 billion to $89.9 billion.