Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Back to work: A lean, mean writing machine!
Monday - 7/9/2012, 2:00am EDT
Here's what he wrote before leaving town:
Just coming off an extended vacation and it's great to be back. Seriously.
Thanks to the various readers who took time out to write guest columns that appeared in this space. I thought they were different. And great. Fresh viewpoint and all that sort of thing. We will do it again.
Meantime, it is great to be back with an (almost) brand-new body. I've lost 25 pounds. My hair seems darker and thicker. I packed on muscle. Swam 50 laps each day. Hit the gym regularly. Am back running 10K races. My tan looks like something out of Hollywood. I am alcohol and gluten free. I'm so organic I itch. With delight.
While on vacation I finished the complete works of Shakespeare, did 12 chapters of my in-progress "GAN" (great American novel). I can run a 10K in about 58 minutes thanks to my rigorous training schedule.
People at the office, when they see the new, svelte me, will either weep with delight or of jealousy. Whatever.
Vacations are more than a time to recharge the old batteries. They are also a time to improve and, where necessary, reinvent oneself. Don't let my success deter you in your quest for a better you. Instead let it inspire you.
Tomorrow: Return to reality.
NEARLY USELESS FACTOID
By Jack Moore
It would take 158,783,167 LEGOs to build a to-size replica of the White House, according to BuzzFeed. Use the "LEGO My House" feature to find out how many LEGOs it would take to trick out your home in the plastic bricks.
MORE FROM FEDERAL NEWS RADIO
continues cutting retirement backlog as claims fall below expectations
While the number of claims increased slightly over June — 7,814 compared to 7,523 — it was less than the 8,000 OPM projected it would received. Every month since April has fallen below OPM's projections.
Number of federal
teleworkers hits all-time high
The Office of Personnel Management found in its annual report to Congress that 25 percent, or 168,558, of the eligible workforce reported working outside the office at least one day a week.