Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
We, who are about to eat, salute you!
Thursday - 11/24/2011, 2:00am EST
Anyhow whether you are doing turkey, tofu or tacos, this is one of those warm and fuzzy holidays.
And whether you are sitting around a table outdoors in Texas, beside a roaring fire in Michigan or heading for Washington's Reagan National Airport, have a good holiday from all of us here at Federal News Radio.
MC & friends.
NEARLY USELESS FACTOID
By Jack Moore
Looking for an authentic Thanksgiving experience? Leave the forks in the drawer. Forks weren't introduced in the New World until a few years later and didn't really catch on until the 1700s. Oh, and no need for napkins. Just use the tablecloth — that's what the Pilgrims did.
MORE FROM FEDERAL NEWS RADIO
VA offers new buyouts, early outs
The Office of Personnel Management has given VA permission to offer buyout payments for 829 positions in 11 regional health care networks.
DARPA challenge unshreds destroyed documents
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is using a challenge program to find out whether it's possible to put shredded documents back together again.
Analysis: Threat of 'abrupt' cuts will hang over DoD for next year
In the wake of the Congressional supercommittee's failure to strike a deal, the Defense Department is bracing for the possibility of across-the-board spending cuts.