Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
July 4th holiday timeout
Monday - 7/4/2011, 2:01am EDT
And, if today finds you at work, that's good too. Maybe not for you but certainly for us. Because what you are doing and where you are doing it is probably good for our health, safety and security. Even if we can't see you.
Most media outlets find that readers, listeners and viewers drop off on holidays, which makes sense. So we are saving a real, true-blue July 4th column for tomorrow, July 5, when lots of us will be back to work. Enjoy today and check it out tomorrow. It will make you very proud to be an American.
Happy holiday. Check this space tomorrow. Trust me...
To reach me, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearly Useless Factoid
By Julia Ziegler
According to WeirdFacts.com (my new favorite website), the Statue of Liberty's fingernails weigh about 100 pounds each.
MORE FROM FEDERAL NEWS RADIO:
Retiree COLA doesn't keep pace with medical inflation
A 3.5 percent cost-of-living adjustment might be coming to some feds, but this amount won't cover the increased costs of medical services, said one financial analyst.
Feds pay more for gas
Despite the IRS increasing the mileage rate, GSA will not increase the mileage reimbursement for federal employees.
TSP returns for June are in
All funds - except for the G Fund - had negative returns last month.
VA sets Oct. 1 as smartphone approval day
Apple's iPhone and iPad, devices running Google's Android operating system, and Research in Motion's BlackBerry smartphones are the most likely to be approved to connect to VA's network.