Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Today We Are All Turkeys
Thursday - 11/25/2010, 4:00am EST
Anyhow whether you are doing turkey, tofu or tacos, this is one of those warm and fuzzy holidays.
And whether you are sitting around a table outdoors in Texas, beside a roaring fire in Michigan or heading for Washington's Reagan National Airport, have a good holiday from all of us here at WFED.
And if you've got some down time, refer to last Monday's column which tests your federal IQ and how much your friends and relatives know about the federal government. Including where your holiday turkey originated.
MC & friends.
Nearly Useless Thanksgiving Week Factoid
by Suzanne Kubota
Only tom turkeys gobble. Hen turkeys make a clicking noise.
MORE FROM FEDERAL NEWS RADIO
Federal Salary Council examines public-private pay gap
The Federal Salary Council met last week to review locality pay rates for the 2012 fiscal year. In many places, there is a significant gap between what federal employees and private sector workers are compensated.
Union pushes public outreach on TSA pat downs
The Transportation Security Administration has come under intense criticism for the enhanced pat downs, which many find intrusive and inappropriate. But the president of a union that represents the security officers says a new outreach campaign will "ask the public to recognize these officers, and respect them for the job they are trying to do."