Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Holiday Tip of the Hat
Monday - 1/19/2009, 4:00am EST
For most federal workers this is a holiday. For most feds in the Metro Washington area, tomorrow is also a holiday.
Many here, inside the Beltway, have graciously agreed to a day off on Tuesday, with pay, so that folks from Chicago, Wilmington and LA can move around freely (hah!) to observe or participate in the Inauguration.
But for lots of folks in government, the media, and the retail world, today and Tuesday are, we hope, special days in all the best ways.
So if you are off today enjoy yourself. If you are off today and tomorrow, consider yourself lucky. And if you have to work today, or tomorrow, or both, thanks for your service.
Most of us don't know (much less appreciate) what you are doing, whether it is law enforcement, security, or in the health and safety field, but you can bet we would know in instant if you weren't doing it and doing it very well at that.
Nearly Useless Factoid
Hate your cubicle? It could be worse. According to a report in the Australian Associated Press, "in 90 percent of... research, the outcome of working in an open-plan office was seen as negative, with open-plan offices causing high levels of stress, conflict, high blood pressure, and a high staff turnover." Not only that, but researchers also found that the high level of noise causes employees to lose concentration, leading to low productivity. We'd tell you more about it, but someone's reading over our shoulders again.
To reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org