Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Financial literacy: what does it mean to me?
Monday - 5/26/2014, 12:06pm EDT
Leins and Flanagan examine how some of the things we learned about finances can play a role in your personal and family financial decisions.
Topics discussed include:
- What factors should you consider when deciding whether to start drawing Social Security or delaying that for some future date?
- When you delay your retirement in order boost your high three, what are the break points of that and how do they influence your cash flow?
- Are there computer programs or apps available that help with these calculations?
- Should you ever use your TSP savings to pay off a home mortgage?
- What is the best state to live in as a retired federal employee?