Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Getting a head start on the retirement process
Tuesday - 9/10/2013, 12:11am EDT
- What should I do when I am six months from my planned retirement date?
- How soon should I submit the retirement application?
- What are the most important things to know about the CSRS or FERS retirement?
- How long will it take to complete my retirement processing?
- How do I choose the exact retirement date? Is there a best date? (Hint: It may be Jan. 3, 2014 for CSRS employees and Jan. 11, 2014 for FERS workers. However, as Flanagan says, "it's not all about your taxes or your benefits or your finances." She explains, "I could think of good reasons every month for someone to retire.")