Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Spanning the globe with retirement benefits questions!
Friday - 6/7/2013, 7:22pm EDT
June 10 -- This week on For Your Benefit our host, Bob Leins, welcomes federal benefits specialist Bob Braunstein back to the studio to look at situations that may arise during one's career with the federal government and how to best handle them at retirement.
- For instance, consider those near the mid-point of their career and they decide to leave federal service for a private sector job. They have 10 years of service when they resign. What do they do with their TSP account, their pensions and their unused sick leave?
- Whenever you choose to leave federal service, what should you do with your TSP?
- What is the impact of buying back vs. not buying back military time on your annuity?
- If you left the government and then returned to service, what are the implications of being placed in the wrong retirement system? And who do you turn to for help resolving these issues?
- What are your options if your office is being closed? What are the rules and regulations for VERA/VSIP early retirements? What are the age restrictions and how do these impact your annuity?