Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Spanning the globe with retirement benefits questions!
Friday - 6/7/2013, 7:22pm EDT
- For instance, consider those near the mid-point of their career and they decide to leave federal service for a private sector job. They have 10 years of service when they resign. What do they do with their TSP account, their pensions and their unused sick leave?
- Whenever you choose to leave federal service, what should you do with your TSP?
- What is the impact of buying back vs. not buying back military time on your annuity?
- If you left the government and then returned to service, what are the implications of being placed in the wrong retirement system? And who do you turn to for help resolving these issues?
- What are your options if your office is being closed? What are the rules and regulations for VERA/VSIP early retirements? What are the age restrictions and how do these impact your annuity?