Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Spanning the globe with retirement benefits questions!
Friday - 6/7/2013, 7:22pm EDT
- For instance, consider those near the mid-point of their career and they decide to leave federal service for a private sector job. They have 10 years of service when they resign. What do they do with their TSP account, their pensions and their unused sick leave?
- Whenever you choose to leave federal service, what should you do with your TSP?
- What is the impact of buying back vs. not buying back military time on your annuity?
- If you left the government and then returned to service, what are the implications of being placed in the wrong retirement system? And who do you turn to for help resolving these issues?
- What are your options if your office is being closed? What are the rules and regulations for VERA/VSIP early retirements? What are the age restrictions and how do these impact your annuity?