Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Deposits or redeposits — are they for me?
Monday - 5/20/2013, 7:07pm EDT
After explaining what deposits and redeposits are, Marshall discusses examples of both so that you may understand the advantages of using this service on your future retirement benefits.
Among the questions Marshall answers are these:
- What is Deposit and Redeposit Sevice? Why do some people call this a "buyback?"
- How do people find out if they have unpaid Deposit or Redeposit Service?
- How much does a person owe for unpaid deposit/redeposit service? How is interest on the unpaid amount computed?
- Why would I want to make this payment? How does it affect my retirement planning? How does it affect my retirement benefits?
- Are there scenarios where it's more favorable for some people to make these payments versus others? Is there a "rule of thumb" that someone might go by?
- Is there anything that a federal employee who is retired from the military should be aware of in regards to this topic?