Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Retirement twilight zone
Monday - 3/25/2013, 9:59pm EDT
A CSRS employee retired and elected full survivor benefits for his spouse. After retirement, the couple divorced and she was awarded half of his retirement. A year later he died and she got nothing.
A 61 year-old woman put her retirement application in to retire at the end of the month. She was wearing her 20-year service pin, but she was not eligible to retire. Why not?
Join Bob Leins as he hosts the first ever NITP "Stories from the Twilight Zone of Retirement Benefits."
Tammy Flanagan, James Marshall and Bob Braunstein recount and explain some strange, but true, stories from the world of retirement planning.