Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Where to live in retirement and when to go
Monday - 2/18/2013, 11:26pm EST
Dr. Creedon says retirees need to take their time before packing up the house for Arizona or Florida.
He urges new retirees to visit lots of places before choosing to settle down in one spot. He sugests they visit their dream destination at different times of the year or spend a year renting at the new location before making a final decision and selling their current residence.
However you choose to approach this decision, Dr. Creedon says, don't consider moving until at least a year after retirement, so you have time to make the right choice for you.
Some points to consider:
- What is the climate like?
- What are the health care options in the area?
- Are you near family or friends?
- What is the cost of living like?