Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Where to live in retirement and when to go
Monday - 2/18/2013, 11:26pm EST
Dr. Creedon says retirees need to take their time before packing up the house for Arizona or Florida.
He urges new retirees to visit lots of places before choosing to settle down in one spot. He sugests they visit their dream destination at different times of the year or spend a year renting at the new location before making a final decision and selling their current residence.
However you choose to approach this decision, Dr. Creedon says, don't consider moving until at least a year after retirement, so you have time to make the right choice for you.
Some points to consider:
- What is the climate like?
- What are the health care options in the area?
- Are you near family or friends?
- What is the cost of living like?