Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
How to deal with holiday stress
Monday - 12/10/2012, 6:57pm EST
December 10, 2012 - This week on For Your Benefit lifestyle coach Patti Hudson joins hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott to discuss holiday stress.
Hudson talks about ways to avoid holiday stress and some of the major causes of stress.
She also discusses strategies that work to reduce stress — such as prioritizing your activities and scheduling times to shop, decorate, bake, etc.
She also recommends making a budget for gifts and sticking to it.
Hudson says that you should take time for yourself and your own needs during the holiday. Make memories that you will enjoy reflecting back on during the year. Plan to do events and activities that you would like to do - for yourself and for others. Consider a visit with elderly relatives, neighbors, or friends; volunteer at a soup kitchen; volunteer to collect canned goods; take some decorations to a nursing home or hospital.
Hudson says: "Control what you can control; everything else is what it is."