Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Reps from Kaiser Permanente answer FEHBP questions
Monday - 11/26/2012, 1:12pm EST
Director of Federal Sales and Account Management John C. Patrick and Dr. Fazi Sabi, OBGYN and site lead for the Gaithersburg Super Hub, join hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan to talk about the plans available to the federal employee in the Kaiser system. Kaiser is making changes to its health care system and its delivery that are aimed at convenience and time savings.
Kaiser Permanente has five new Super Hubs in the Washington area, which are open 24/7 and include urgent care. All services are available in one location, and they have expanded the number and scope of specialty doctors. KP offers a range of services, from primary care to specialty and urgent care and rehab centers.
The consumer's convenience is a major focus of Kaiser's efforts. At most Kaiser Permanente facilities and medical centers, you get one-stop service for primary care, lab tests, X-rays, and pharmacy. Plus, many of their locations provide same-day, after-hours and Saturday appointments so you can get the care you need when you need it.
Kaiser Permanente also puts an emphasis on personalized medical care. Consumers are encouraged to select a primary care physician who will meet their unique needs. To allow consumers to make an informed choice, Kaiser's doctors' credentials can be reviewed online. You can access information as to the physician's education, certifications, secondary languages and specialties. And you have the option of changing your primary care physician at any time. Your doctor and all the medical professionals who support you will work seamlessly together, connected by your electronic health record.
In fact, Kaiser offers consumers the opportunity to stay connected to their health system day and night by doing so online. With My Health Manager, you can refill most prescriptions, schedule routine appointments, email your doctors, view most lab results and do much more — all from the convenience of your computer.