Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Aetna options for FEHB during Open Season
Monday - 11/19/2012, 2:07am EST
As of January 2013, Aetna will offer: regionally based consumer-directed health plans; Aetna value plans that encourage wellness activities; and health plans based on accountable care collaborations that deliver more coordinated care and better outcomes. Aetna will continue to offer HMO plans in 13 markets, a nationwide high-deductible health plan (HDHP), and a stand-alone dental plan available worldwide through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
While not available in the DC metropolitan area, accountable care organizations (ACOs) help improve the health care experience and health outcomes for members, while controlling costs through agreements with leading health systems. Aetna's ACO plans, called Aetna Whole HealthSM, will be available in three FEHBP markets:
- Milwaukee, Wis., with Aurora Health Care;
- Houston, Tex., with Memorial Hermann;
- Roanoke, Va., with ACO collaborator Carilion Clinic and strategic network partner LewisGale Regional Health System.
Also new for 2013 is the Aetna Value Plan. The Aetna Value Plan gives federal employees an affordable, easy-to-understand plan that includes incentive credits for completing wellness activities. By completing activities such as routine preventive care, getting scheduled immunizations, and completing an online health risk assessment, members can receive up to $300 in credits to help lower their out-of-pocket costs.
Aetna also has restructured its CDHP (consumer-directed health plans) to offer plans on a regional basis, with local market pricing. This will allow Aetna to offer its industry-leading consumer-directed plans and capabilities to federal members at more competitive premiums. Members will be able to take advantage of the same benefits and consumer tools.