Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
A look through our 'crystal ball' into the near future
Monday - 10/1/2012, 1:36pm EDT
Despite the talk about sequestration and other changes that might be adverse to feds' pocketbooks, Causey says that history gives federal employees and retirees reason to remain optimistic.
"Be happy, don't worry," says Causey toward the end of the broadcast. "Sequestration is out there, but it may not happen.
"Remember, people have been worrying about the 'high five' replacing the 'high three' for about 20 years. It hasn't happened.
"Most of these things, there's nothing you can do about it: It's not a date certain you can retire to avoid it.
"There's really nothing you can do, so — you know — kind of relax," Causey advises.