Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
A look through our 'crystal ball' into the near future
Monday - 10/1/2012, 1:36pm EDT
October 1, 2012 - As the government's fiscal year begins, For Your Benefit co-hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan welcome in Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, to discuss what may or may not happen in Congress in the next few months that will affect the pay and benefits of federal employees and retirees.
Despite the talk about sequestration and other changes that might be adverse to feds' pocketbooks, Causey says that history gives federal employees and retirees reason to remain optimistic.
"Be happy, don't worry," says Causey toward the end of the broadcast. "Sequestration is out there, but it may not happen.
"Remember, people have been worrying about the 'high five' replacing the 'high three' for about 20 years. It hasn't happened.
"Most of these things, there's nothing you can do about it: It's not a date certain you can retire to avoid it.
"There's really nothing you can do, so — you know — kind of relax," Causey advises.