Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Work and entrepreneurship in retirement
Monday - 9/24/2012, 12:06pm EDT
For many people, retirement offers the first opportunity to "do your own thing". Many people look at that as an opportunity to work in a different field or start a small business. According to the Wall Street Journal, 50% of retirees have a part-time job, while 10% work full time.
Also 10% of retirees open a small business. These businesses may be franchises, consulting firms, or may grow out of hobbies. Before one starts a business venture, they should consider carefully the costs - financial and time-wise costs of start-up. Look at the failure rates of similar attempts at this business, and consider if the market can support another business like this.