Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Phased retirement soon to be an option for feds
Monday - 7/23/2012, 1:34pm EDT
Federal News Radio
Federal employees will soon have the option of a "phased retirement," which will allow them to work part-time and also collect a portion of their retirement benefits.
The provision for this was part of the highway bill, signed into law by President Obama on July 6.
Although OPM has yet to establish a date when this option will become available to federal employees, it was discussed at length on the July 23 edition of For your Benefit.
Other topics covered by co-hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan included the Roth TSP.
For YourBenefit is heard live Mondays at 10 a.m. on Federal News Radio.