Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Open season, part 2
Monday - 12/5/2011, 11:11pm EST
In the first half of the show they talk about the SAMBA program, with Executive Director Walt Wilson and Deputy Executive Director Pam Cummings.
SAMBA is one of the original plans in the The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. SAMBA is a not-for-profit organization located in Rockville, MD.
SAMBA offers two popular plans, High and Standard Option, along with a comprehensive Dental and Vision Care Plan.
Al Schubert, the vice president of managed care and health policy for VSP is the guest in the second half of the show.
VSP is the nation's largest not-for-profit vision benefits provider, covering more than 56 million Americans.
VSP Vision Care's two vision options provide a high level of coverage each year. This includes a yearly comprehensive eye exam as well as coverage for eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Without VSP, an exam and prescription glasses can cost more than $500. With VSP's coverage, members get low to no out-of-pocket costs and can save up to $400.
The VSP Vision Service Plan is one of three vision plans available to federal employees and is accessible through the official enrollment website for the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program at www.benefeds.com.
Federal employees can find access to all three plans at OPM's federal vision plan open season page at http://www.opm.gov/insure/vision/planinfo/index.asp.