Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Federal employee's guide to the known and unknown benefits universe
Monday - 5/23/2011, 9:37pm EDT
Braunstein and Marshall are federal benefits experts in FERS, CSRS, FERCCA, Social Security, TSP and LTC.
This is the first in a series of quarterly programs discussing unique federal benefits issues.
- Social Security - can surviving spouses also collect their own social security benefits, if they are currently receiving SS based on deceased spouse's work record?
- TSP - Do TSP contributions lower social security taxable income and how much does that affect a future SS benefit?
- Medicare - if I cancel my Medicare Part B, will I have to pay a penalty to re-enroll?
- Under CSRS, is there any benefit of continuing service beyond 41 years and 11 months?
Email us or call the show live at (202) 465-3080 to have your questions answered by the experts.