Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Special info for firefighters, air traffic controllers and LEOs
Thursday - 7/8/2010, 12:33pm EDT
The two Bob's will cover:
- mandatory retirement ages for each occupation
- enriched retirement annuity formulas allowing immediate, unreduced retirement at earlier ages with less service than other occupations
- FERS supplement portion of retirement annuity is not reduced by returning to work after retirement until MRA (for other occupations) is reached (typically between 56 and 57)
- immediate retirement annuity COLA's, regardless of retirement plan
- inclusion of premium pay (law enforcement availability pay and AUO) in the high-3 for calculation of retirement annuity
- how to withdraw TSP prior to 59 1/2 without penalties
- continuation of tax free FEHB premiums for LEO's and firefighters in retirement
Note: At the 6.44 minute make please note that the age mentioned should be 57 and not 55. Thank you.
And so much more! This is your opportunity to email ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com or call (202-465-3080) with your questions on any federal benefit concern.