Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Federal employee pay has been a target in cost-cutting efforts by the President and Congress, aided by a public perception of feds as overpaid "fat cats." Claims about public vs. private pay have swung widely - from the Federal Salary Council's data that shows feds are paid 24 percent less than the private sector, to a Cato Institute report that says feds are paid double the private sector. What's the reality? Federal News Radio brings you interviews and analysis on the federal pay debate.
Government shutdown, furloughs, and more
Wednesday - 1/16/2013, 7:55pm EST
Kopenhaver has been monitoring the big picture what-if scenario for FEW.
Later in the show, Federal Times senior writer Sean Reilly gives us an insider's look at shutdowns and furloughs. He also talks about the defense hiring freeze, changes in the Combined Federal Campaign, and the new arbitrator-imposed contract between the Postal Service and the National Association of Letter Carriers.