Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Federal employee pay has been a target in cost-cutting efforts by the President and Congress, aided by a public perception of feds as overpaid "fat cats." Claims about public vs. private pay have swung widely - from the Federal Salary Council's data that shows feds are paid 24 percent less than the private sector, to a Cato Institute report that says feds are paid double the private sector. What's the reality? Federal News Radio brings you interviews and analysis on the federal pay debate.
Secrets of the TSP
Wednesday - 2/22/2012, 7:29pm EST
Or did Congress set up the TSP to keep entrepreneurial federal investors from making money?
Is it, in fact, a tool of the Nanny State?
Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs for the TSP, joins host Mike Causey to talk about the plan. Trabucco, who is retiring at the end of this month, has spent 31 years in government and has been with the TSP since it was established.
In the first half of the programs Federal Times senior staff writers Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly discuss threats on the Hill to your benefits and pay.