Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Open Season with SAMBA and Long Term Care Partners
Monday - 11/25/2013, 5:09pm EST
In the first half of the show, they discuss the SAMBA program with Executive Director Walt Wilson and Deputy Executive Director Pam Cummings.
For over 60 years, SAMBA has been dedicated to protecting federal employees, annuitants and their families. SAMBA is a not-for-profit federal employee benefit association with an array of insurance plans to meet your needs — including the comprehensive SAMBA Federal Employee Health Benefit (FEHB) plan, life insurance for you and your family, dental and vision insurance, disability income protection insurance and much more. SAMBA works closely with top-rated insurance providers to create plans at affordable rates to fill the specific needs of our members and their families.
In the second half hour, Bob and Tammy are joined by Joan Melanson, director of program promotion, FLTCIP, of Long Term Care Partners, LLC as they discuss the need for long-term care insurance plans.
Long Term Care Partners administers the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP).
Hear answers to basic questions about long-term care insurance, such as:
- Why is the federal long-term care insurance program a good option for many
- How does long-term care relate to medical insurance like Blue Cross and Medicare and do I need both?
- How can those who don't currently have long-term care (LTC) insurance learn more about it and apply?
- When should employees purchase LTCI?
- What decisions do you need to make to purchase LTCI and how do these decisions affect the cost of the coverage?
- What steps can applicants take to minimize the cost of LTC insurance?