Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Open season, part 2
Monday - 12/5/2011, 11:11pm EST
In the first half of the show they talk about the SAMBA program, with Executive Director Walt Wilson and Deputy Executive Director Pam Cummings.
SAMBA is one of the original plans in the The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. SAMBA is a not-for-profit organization located in Rockville, MD.
SAMBA offers two popular plans, High and Standard Option, along with a comprehensive Dental and Vision Care Plan.
Al Schubert, the vice president of managed care and health policy for VSP is the guest in the second half of the show.
VSP is the nation's largest not-for-profit vision benefits provider, covering more than 56 million Americans.
VSP Vision Care's two vision options provide a high level of coverage each year. This includes a yearly comprehensive eye exam as well as coverage for eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Without VSP, an exam and prescription glasses can cost more than $500. With VSP's coverage, members get low to no out-of-pocket costs and can save up to $400.
The VSP Vision Service Plan is one of three vision plans available to federal employees and is accessible through the official enrollment website for the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program at www.benefeds.com.
Federal employees can find access to all three plans at OPM's federal vision plan open season page at http://www.opm.gov/insure/vision/planinfo/index.asp.