Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Five Quick Tips
Monday - 11/17/2008, 4:05am EST
FederalNewsRadio had a quick chat with registered employee benefit consultant Ed Zurndorfer about open season. He offers up these quick tips:
- Do not shop around based on premium costs.
- Find out how their plan was this year. Did it pay for most things? Did it meet their needs, their specific medical needs?
- Make sure before you enroll in any plan (that you) understand how the plan works.
- Look for prescription drug discounts. Many of the plans will give you a discount if you go, let's say, in a mail order type situation. Save some money!
- And lastly, take care of yourself! Eat the right foods, exercise... This way you won't have to go into your health insurance plan to pay for your care.