Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
You Gotta Do What You Gotta Do
Wednesday - 11/21/2007, 7:24am EST
Why? Check and see what percentage of your income goes away in taxes each paycheck (including federal, state, local, Social Security, Medicare and others).
That's the discount you get by using pre-tax dollars and getting reimbursed out of your FSA.
But there's a catch. You must re-up every year.
The Office of Personnel Management says that every year, many feds who've already figured out that starting a Flexible Spending Account is a good idea, haven't figured out that keeping it is a great idea, because they either forget to sign up again or don't know they have to.
One of the most-asked questions we get about FSAs is, "why won't they let me just keep it going next year?"
The answer is simple -- and we'll tell you in tomorrow's report.