Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
TSP performance mixed in March
Tuesday - 4/1/2014, 1:34pm EDT
Three of the TSP's five regular funds ended the month in negative territory. The S Fund, the index of small companies not included in the S&P 500, fell 0.69 percent last month. The I Fund, tracked to the performance of international stocks was down 0.57 percent and the F Fund, tracked to the bond market, was down 0.15 percent.
The C Fund, designed to track the performance of the S&P 500, remained in the black, gaining 0.85 percent.
In February, all TSP funds finished the month with across-the-board gains thanks to a strong month on Wall Street after a weak January.
That helped boost total assets invested in the TSP to reach the highest level in the plan's history — more than $400 billion.
So far in 2014, Wall Street has share of choppy trading.
"If 2013 was a year where the stock market went straight up, 2014 has started off as a year where the stock market moves sideways," the Associated Press reported.
Wayne Wilbanks, chief investment officer at Wilbanks, Smith, Thomas told the AP he thinks the bull market "is starting to show signs of fatigue,."
Thrift Savings Plan March 2014 returns
|Fund||March||Year-to-Date||Last 12 Months|