Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
What do I need to know about Social Security?
Monday - 1/20/2014, 7:34pm EST
Join our host, Bob Leins, as he welcomes federal benefits specialist James Marshall into the studio, to discuss Social Security and the ins and outs of your Social Security benefits.
- Will my federal pension impact my Social Security income? If so, how & why?
- Will Social Security income impact my federal pension? If so, how & why?
- In additionto the standard Social Security income, are other Social Security benefits available?
- When is the best time to apply for the various benefits available from Social Security?
- Are there any strategies to consider that can help me get the most out of my Social Security benefits? Are there spousal benefits that I can apply for? Widow(er) benefits?
- How is Social security income taxed at the federal and state levels? How will other income like TSP and Traditional IRA distributions impact the Medicare premium paid via Social security?