Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Boosted by strong market, TSP funds make gains in March
Monday - 4/1/2013, 3:08pm EDT
All five regular funds, in addition to the target-date Lifecycle Funds, finished March in the black for the first time since November, according to data provided by the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board.
In March, the C Fund (designed to match the performance of the S&P 500) and the S Fund (stocks of U.S. companies not included in the S&P) posted the largest gains. The I Fund, which is tracked to international stocks and which fell by nearly 1 percent last month, dug itself out of negative territory and posted a slight gain of 0.88 percent.
All of the L Funds, a mix of fund investments targeted to when participants will begin withdrawing funds from their accounts, bested last month's performance, although not quite reaching the highs of January's returns.
The G Fund lived up to its sure-and-steady reputation, posting an ever-so-slight gain of 0.13 percent — as it has for the past three months. Over the past 12 months, the G Fund is up by 1.46 percent, the F Fund (representing the bond market) up by 3.98 percent. The C, S and I Fund are all up by double digits year-to-date: 13.98 percent for the C Fund; 17.16 percent for the S Fund; and 11.59 percent for the I Fund.
Overall, the stock market is experiencing one of the "strongest bull markets in a half century," according to NBC News.
Thrift Savings Plan March 2013 returns
|Fund||March||Year-to-Date||Last 12 Months|