Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Option to put unused leave toward TSP part of House bill
Tuesday - 2/14/2012, 8:12am EST
One of the proposals that affects pay and benefits in the House includes a "terminal lump sum annual leave."
The provision — part of a larger transportation bill — would allow retiring federal employees to put their unused annual leave toward their TSP.
"It was not authorized in the TSP because contributions to the TSP must come from basic pay, and this is not basic pay. So this provision would change that," said Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, in an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose.
Trabucco said the provision has a good chance of passing because it is part of the larger highway bill, and Congress and the administration have "some agreement" on the bill.