Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
'Outstanding' January TSP returns lead to record $302B account balance
Monday - 2/6/2012, 9:39pm EST
Trabucco called it a "big jump" from the end of December, when the TSP balance was $294.7 billion. The increase was bolstered by "outstanding returns" last month, he added. It's the first time the TSP has ever crossed the $300 billion mark, Trabucco said.
Trabucco said the TSP's size — it's the largest retirement plan in dollars and participants — helps to put the numbers in context. "Where the people are, the money's going to follow," he said. "As long as they're putting their money in — and they are."
In fact, participation numbers for January also increased, Trabucco said. The number of FERS contributors increased from about 2,020,000 to about 2,052,000, he said.
On the Roth TSP front, Trabucco said the Federal Register will publish draft regulations for the new plan Wednesday. "All of this is leading up to the rollout" in the next few months he added.