Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
A November to remember for TSP?
Monday - 12/5/2011, 7:01pm EST
By Jack Moore
Federal News Radio
November was a fairly good month for the Thrift Savings Plan with the G and F funds moving into positive territory for the year.
At least the last day of trading was positive, said Tom Trabucco, the director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which oversees federal employees TSP accounts.
He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss all the funds in the TSP and how they fared last month.
Trabucco said the last day of trading in November was a particularly good day for the TSP. The financial markets rose sharply after the Federal Reserve and other central banks launched an effort to provide cheap emergency loans to banks, particularly, in Europe.
The G, F and C Fund also ended up in positive territory, for the year to-date.
The gains weren't enough to raise year-to-date returns for the S and the I Fund, though, he said.
As for how the market looks so far for December, Trabucco said wouldn't attempt to read the tea leaves.
"I've given up looking into the future," Trabucco said. "I just try to position with tactical asset allocation," he said. That means small adjustments based on market activity.
For his part, Trabucco said he's "100 percent L Fund and I'm sticking with that."
November TSP returns
|Fund||G Fund||F Fund||C Fund||S Fund||I Fund|
|L Funds||L Income||L 2020||L 2030||L 2040||L 2050|