Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
A November to remember for TSP?
Monday - 12/5/2011, 7:01pm EST
Federal News Radio
November was a fairly good month for the Thrift Savings Plan with the G and F funds moving into positive territory for the year.
At least the last day of trading was positive, said Tom Trabucco, the director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which oversees federal employees TSP accounts.
He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss all the funds in the TSP and how they fared last month.
Trabucco said the last day of trading in November was a particularly good day for the TSP. The financial markets rose sharply after the Federal Reserve and other central banks launched an effort to provide cheap emergency loans to banks, particularly, in Europe.
The G, F and C Fund also ended up in positive territory, for the year to-date.
The gains weren't enough to raise year-to-date returns for the S and the I Fund, though, he said.
As for how the market looks so far for December, Trabucco said wouldn't attempt to read the tea leaves.
"I've given up looking into the future," Trabucco said. "I just try to position with tactical asset allocation," he said. That means small adjustments based on market activity.
For his part, Trabucco said he's "100 percent L Fund and I'm sticking with that."
November TSP returns
|Fund||G Fund||F Fund||C Fund||S Fund||I Fund|
|L Funds||L Income||L 2020||L 2030||L 2040||L 2050|