Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Online Chat: Ask the Benefits and Retirement Experts
Wednesday - 3/19/2014, 1:00pm EDT
The two answered dozens of questions from readers about the best dates to retire, the Federal Employees Health Benefits program, TRICARE, the Thrift Savings Plan and phased retirement, among other topics.
Prior to the chat, Tammy joined Mike on his Your Turn radio show where the two also answered questions from readers. Listen to an archived version of the show.
Flanagan has spent over 25 years helping federal employees understand their benefits and plan for the future, while Causey has spent over 48 years covering pay, benefits, and retirement issues for feds.
View the archived version of this chat below. Please note, there is no audio attached to this chat. Mike and Tammy's answers are in text format only.
Update (05/09/14): Tammy and Mike received over 100 questions during this online chat and were not able to answer them all. Federal News Radio has since gone back to Tammy and other experts for answers to many of those remaining questions. Find those answers here.
Federal News Radio takes live questions from listeners during our For Your Benefit radio program hosted by the National Institute of Transition Planning, Mondays at 10 a.m., and on Mike Causey's Your Turn show, Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Ask your questions live by calling 202-465-3080 during those shows.
As always, feel free to submit any questions you might have about federal retirement and benefits to Mike Causey via email. You can also submit your questions to the National Institute of Transition Planning on their website.
(Having trouble registering for this online chat? Email us for assistance. By signing up to participate in this event, each registrant agrees to receive promotional and/or news alerts via email from Federal News Radio.)