Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
What do I need to know about Social Security?
Monday - 1/20/2014, 7:34pm EST
Join our host, Bob Leins, as he welcomes federal benefits specialist James Marshall into the studio, to discuss Social Security and the ins and outs of your Social Security benefits.
- Will my federal pension impact my Social Security income? If so, how & why?
- Will Social Security income impact my federal pension? If so, how & why?
- In additionto the standard Social Security income, are other Social Security benefits available?
- When is the best time to apply for the various benefits available from Social Security?
- Are there any strategies to consider that can help me get the most out of my Social Security benefits? Are there spousal benefits that I can apply for? Widow(er) benefits?
- How is Social security income taxed at the federal and state levels? How will other income like TSP and Traditional IRA distributions impact the Medicare premium paid via Social security?