Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Getting a head start on the retirement process
Tuesday - 9/10/2013, 12:11am EDT
- What should I do when I am six months from my planned retirement date?
- How soon should I submit the retirement application?
- What are the most important things to know about the CSRS or FERS retirement?
- How long will it take to complete my retirement processing?
- How do I choose the exact retirement date? Is there a best date? (Hint: It may be Jan. 3, 2014 for CSRS employees and Jan. 11, 2014 for FERS workers. However, as Flanagan says, "it's not all about your taxes or your benefits or your finances." She explains, "I could think of good reasons every month for someone to retire.")