Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Financial awareness NOW!
Monday - 6/3/2013, 8:41pm EDT
This is a topic that many of us may face twice in our lives:
First, as adult children when we are trying to care for our parents and/or older relatives;
Then finally, as we become senior citizens and have difficulty making our own sound financial decisions.
We have all heard about people who were financially aware when younger but then became victims of a bogus investment later in life.
This includes a relative who is not aware that someone is stealing their money so they don't or won't talk about it, or the elderly parents who tell friends that their children have taken all their money and they have nothing left.
Leins and Schaeffer talk about the precautions/paperwork that you need to have in place now to help prevent situations like this, the signs you need to be aware of, and how you can deal with these issues while still giving your loved ones the respect and control that they deserve.
More resources about choosing and dealing with a certified financial planner can be found at the CFP Board website.