Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Broadcasting Board of Governors offers buyouts, early outs
Monday - 10/22/2012, 3:42pm EDT
Employees have until Nov. 9 to apply for Voluntary Incentive Separation Payments (VSIP) and they must leave the agency by Dec. 31, according to a BBG emailed statement to Federal News Radio.
Employees have until Nov. 30, 2013, to apply for a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority.
"Buyouts are being offered to minimize the effects of potential budget reductions and to enable the agency to acquire new skills required by the agency's mission," said a BBG spokesman in the email.
The offers are available to employees throughout the agency.
Based on previous buyout offers, the agency said it expects 30 to 50 applications.
BBG, which includes Voice of America, is an independent government agency responsible for non-military broadcasting overseas.