Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Retiring soon? How to evaluate your nest egg
Tuesday - 12/7/2010, 4:40pm EST
- Estimate how much you will need to pull out annually in retirement. Then multiply that number by 25. Pre-retirees face a conundrum: Get a payoff from a market upswing but risk "having their already skimpy nest eggs decimated."
- Find a balance by adding stocks to the mix. Experts quoted in the Journal say the "sweet spot" for assets in stocks is about 40 percent as people approach or are in retirement.
Also, in another article, the Journal says now is the time to buy small-cap stocks and technology shares, and to sell gold and emerging markets.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.