Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Retiring soon? How to evaluate your nest egg
Tuesday - 12/7/2010, 4:40pm EST
- Estimate how much you will need to pull out annually in retirement. Then multiply that number by 25. Pre-retirees face a conundrum: Get a payoff from a market upswing but risk "having their already skimpy nest eggs decimated."
- Find a balance by adding stocks to the mix. Experts quoted in the Journal say the "sweet spot" for assets in stocks is about 40 percent as people approach or are in retirement.
Also, in another article, the Journal says now is the time to buy small-cap stocks and technology shares, and to sell gold and emerging markets.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.