Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Warning: Retirement disaster ahead
Thursday - 10/28/2010, 2:07pm EDT
What's more, big pension funds don't know this, according to the article.
The typical big pension fund is expecting to earn 7-8 percent a year. However, the returns estimated by Research Affiliates fall quite short of the expected returns.
Returns from stock funds come from four places: dividends, earnings growth, inflation and changes in valuation. Taking all four into consideration, Research Affiliates estimates a long-term return of 5.2 percent. The picture is worse for bonds, with an estimated long-term return of 2.5 percent.
The bottom line: People will have to save a lot more for their retirement.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.