Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Open Season with SAMBA and Long Term Care Partners
Monday - 11/25/2013, 5:09pm EST
November 23, 2013 -- This week on ForYourBenefit, hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan continue the annual examination of insurance options available during Open Season.
In the first half of the show, they discuss the SAMBA program with Executive Director Walt Wilson and Deputy Executive Director Pam Cummings.
For over 60 years, SAMBA has been dedicated to protecting federal employees, annuitants and their families. SAMBA is a not-for-profit federal employee benefit association with an array of insurance plans to meet your needs — including the comprehensive SAMBA Federal Employee Health Benefit (FEHB) plan, life insurance for you and your family, dental and vision insurance, disability income protection insurance and much more. SAMBA works closely with top-rated insurance providers to create plans at affordable rates to fill the specific needs of our members and their families.
In the second half hour, Bob and Tammy are joined by Joan Melanson, director of program promotion, FLTCIP, of Long Term Care Partners, LLC as they discuss the need for long-term care insurance plans.
Long Term Care Partners administers the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP).
Hear answers to basic questions about long-term care insurance, such as:
- Why is the federal long-term care insurance program a good option for many
- How does long-term care relate to medical insurance like Blue Cross and Medicare and do I need both?
- How can those who don't currently have long-term care (LTC) insurance learn more about it and apply?
- When should employees purchase LTCI?
- What decisions do you need to make to purchase LTCI and how do these decisions affect the cost of the coverage?
- What steps can applicants take to minimize the cost of LTC insurance?