Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Where to live in retirement and when to go
Monday - 2/18/2013, 11:26pm EST
Dr. Creedon says retirees need to take their time before packing up the house for Arizona or Florida.
He urges new retirees to visit lots of places before choosing to settle down in one spot. He sugests they visit their dream destination at different times of the year or spend a year renting at the new location before making a final decision and selling their current residence.
However you choose to approach this decision, Dr. Creedon says, don't consider moving until at least a year after retirement, so you have time to make the right choice for you.
Some points to consider:
- What is the climate like?
- What are the health care options in the area?
- Are you near family or friends?
- What is the cost of living like?