Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DoD board recommends military retirement overhaul
Tuesday - 7/26/2011, 5:11pm EDT
The plan, which would phase out the longstanding cliff-vesting system, would contribute money to soldiers' retirement savings instead of putting it into a future monthly pension.
According to the report, all troops would receive yearly retirement contributions - possibly as much as 16.5 percent of a member's annual pay - even if they don't stay for the customary 20 years. The contributions would be deposited into a mandatory version of the Thrift Savings Plan.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.