Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
9 out of 10 TSP funds down in June
Wednesday - 7/6/2011, 2:41pm EDT
In June, nine of the ten funds had negative returns.
"It was not a good month for TSP investors," said Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. But, he added, "Perhaps by adding a little bit perspective, we can brighten your day."
For the year and for the past 12 months, TSP returns are still "pretty good," Trabucco said.
And since mid-June the S&P 500 went up 5.7 percent, he said.
"That gives an indication of how quickly this market can move and why it's important, if you have the stomach for it, to be invested it the stock market because the gains can be significant over short periods of time," Trabucco said.
Despite the recent negative returns, Trabucco said interfund transfers have not increased.
"Generally we have 4,000 to 12,000 interfund transfers in a day," he said. "Over the last couple of weeks that's exactly where it's been."
Thrift Savings Plan June 2011 returns
|Fund||G Fund||F Fund||C Fund||S Fund||I Fund|
|L Funds||L Income||L 2020||L 2030||L 2040||L 2050|
Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board will speak to In Depth with Francis Rose on Wednesday, July 6 to analyze the numbers.